Mad Hatters Tea Party



So, I have to tell you firstly, how happy I was meeting these beautiful bloggers in the flesh! I have been reading their blogs for a few months now so it was ace to actually sit down with them and have a good old gossip about tea/cake/love and life! We had arranged it a while back and so I was worried that life might do its thing and get in the way. But we all amazingly pulled it off and enjoyed the most playful afternoon tea at The Sanderson in the most glorious weather! Result. 

Meet the ladies 
They are all just as lovely as they appear on their blogs. Yep. Get yourself over to their blogs (after reading mine!) and follow their lifestyle/baking blogs to show them some love.


The Mad Hatters theme taken from Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland was evident from the china, cakes and even the staff! We had an awesome waiter who was a tad bit eccentric. Check him out...


Tea was very delicate. We opted for all flavours as we couldn't chose despite trying. The Sanderson offered Rhubarb and Custard (my fav), Mint chocolate, Strawberry and cream and Apple pie. Do you understand where our dilemma was now?


Cakes were worth every bite. We had strawberries and cream mushroom marshmellows (yum), melting mango cheesecake (yummier), green tea and white chocolate mouse in a popping candy chocolate cup (yummier than yummier). I was dead impressed with how everything was flavoursome and creamy but you never felt like you could say no to another :) 






The famous 'Drink Me' portion. I have seen this for a number of years now in photographs of the afternoon tea and finally managed to get a taste. It was split into different creamy and citrusy flavours which meant you had to drink really slowly to be able to taste them all. 


After deciding somehow that we'd had enough cake for one afternoon we read our individual riddles wrapped around our napkins which we all thought was really sweet. Mine read At night they come without being fetched. By day they are lost without being stolen. What are they? Err I seem to have forgotten the answer to this? Anyone want to guess? I think the answer is Stars!?

Here we are...


Thanks for coming! See you soon for the next meet up soon I hope.



Pin It Now!

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely post and take on the day, it looks so pretty! Sums up perfectly a lovely afternoon. I hope we can do it again soon :)

    Cx
    Cocktails and Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline. I think you win on the detail in your pics. You have such a good eye for it!
      Lotti X

      Delete
  2. Yaaaay! I'm loving reading everyone's individual posts before I share mine, it was such a lovely day. Thanks so much for organising it all! I love the little lace frames around every image in here!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cant wait to see yours Katie! I use Fotor.com to play around with frames/editing etc :) X

      Delete
  3. Such lovely cute photos of the day, you're really captured the happy summery atmosphere of the afternoon :)
    Thanks again for organising the whole thing, I had an absolute whale of a time
    x x x

    {The Lobster & Me}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Im looking into that food festival you mentioned now ...:)

      Delete
  4. Yay! Lovely post my dear! Was an absolute pleasure to meet you all!!
    Have to say well done... I wouldn't even know that you left your camera battery!
    Nailed it! :)
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Emily! Have an ace time in Paris! And looking forward to your posts :) x

      Delete
  5. This looks like such a gorgeous day. You all looks so lovely :) xx

    Essie | The Li'l Sparrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta! First blogger event went down very well :)

      Delete